Although the date is uncertain, around 1845, a group of people committed to following Jesus Christ and teaching the Bible began meeting in homes to build a place for themselves and their families to worship. In 1852 this group organized as the Freewill Baptist Church and built a building just west of First Baptist Church's present location in Blanchester, OH.
Since our history goes back to 1845, First Baptist Church has undergone many changes, but one thing has remained constant. Those who make up this church family remain committed to following Jesus Christ and teaching the Bible. The bell used today to announce the beginning of services on Sunday is the original bell installed in 1856. Our current building, the oldest church building in the community, was constructed in 1889 and has been the meeting place ever since. In 1913, the congregation changed the church name to First Baptist Church.
Pastor Steve began serving as pastor of First Baptist Church in November 2014. Like many of his predecessors, he desires to see First Baptist Church be a place where people hear the truth of God and find support to live daily as a follower of Jesus Christ. While the members have worked hard to renovate and update the building and facilities over the years, First Baptist Church remains committed to teaching the Bible and following Jesus as it has from its beginning.
First Baptist Church is presently associated with the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches.